Parents, Teachers & Friends Association
Welcome to the PTFA page!
- The Parents, Teachers and Friends Association (PTFA) exists Independently to -and in support of - Dorchester Middle School. We have members from all backgrounds, bringing a variety of experience and skills, and aim to enrich the time our children spend at school, and also to benefit and involve the local community.
- We are now actively recruiting members, volunteers and sponsors to work with us to plan and run safe events to provide much needed additional funds to make our children’s education more enjoyable and involve the local community.
- Traditionally, the PTFA runs events to bring children, families and the school community together and raise funds along the way. We achieve this as a PTFA with members planning and running such events with the support of volunteers and sponsors.
- Due to recent pandemic restrictions it has been difficult for the PTFA to run traditional fundraising events, and a creative approach is now needed as we all live with a new normal.
- Please contact us to be involved if you can bake or cook, help with refreshments, DJ at a disco, source prizes for fairs & raffles, run virtual events online, have creative /crafty skills, DIY, weed/ garden, fund-raise, design posters or websites, speak on the phone, run a meeting, put tickets in envelopes, or setup & takedown stalls for events, or simply if you have enthusiasm to be involved in any way!
- You can email us at: PTFA.email@example.com or reach us through our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2514380885500426/ to add your skills, experience, contacts and energy to ours!
- Our next 1hr meeting is on Wednesday 15th December where we will discuss a schedule of events for the year ahead. New members are very welcome, just let us know if you would like to participate.
PTFA - AGM Meeting - 03.11.2021 - 5.30pm at DMS Library